People are always talking about how much they love chubby babies and their rolls on rolls on rolls fat. You’re probably not going to hear too many people say “man I love skinny babies”.
Beatrice is one shrimpy little kid. She just weighed in at 17 pounds, keeping her nicely in the 5th percentile for her age. Whenever people try to guess her age, they guess WAY under – someone at the grocery store even said FOUR MONTHS last week.
You want to know something? Having a tiny kid is awesome. Here is why:
- You know those newborn clothes that you paid money for and then your kid only wore them for a week? My little peanut wore them for MONTHS, and is still wearing her newborn pants as capris at age 1. Go ahead, be jealous. She wears her clothes far longer than any other baby, which is good for my bank account.
- I’m carrying around 17 pounds of baby while you have a 25-pounder on your hip. Sorry about your luck.
- She doesn’t need to eat a lot so breastfeeding has been a breeze.
- I only have to baby proof “up to here”. Ok, that’s a lie – I SHOULD only have to baby proof “up to here” but she’s an acrobat and will figure out a way to get wherever she needs to be.
And when she gets a little older:
- She’s still going to be eating free kids meals when she’s way older than the free kid’s meal cutoff age…. what?
- She probably won’t have boobs in elementary school.
- And on that note, she won’t be able to pass for 20 when she’s 16. Thank goodness.